Tuesday 2 August 2011

Fuck I'm pissed off

There was an episode at work today. It involved the Friday I had off last week because of my back and neck. I will post what happened in hindsight, rather than as it happened to me today.

On Friday when I couldn't come in because of back pain, the dept head rang me after I'd taken some painkillers and gone back to sleep in bed. He told me the other bloke there (um, who has rather a reputation for being hopeless) was going to cut a particular job that had been assigned to me and me only to do, as he was pretty much a danger to it. I recommended to the dept head that he simply leave what was there until I got in on Monday, rather than have him fuck it up. After he hung up I sent a little text to the other dept head of where it was going to be processed next, saying he was apparently going to cut some of it and "good luck with that....."

My immediate supervisor wasn't in on Friday. They were however there today and yesterday. During that time the text message was shown by the other dept head to my supervisor, I assume as comedic. The message has somehow be misinterpreted and gone from my supervisor to the factory manager. Today I was called on the carpet to a meeting with the factory manager and my dept head. 

I was spoken to completely disrespectfully and pretty much accused of lying about all the time I'd had off since May due to appts. I was very polite in the face of all this, explaining matter of factly the situations that had lead to such a lot of time needing to be used in appts. At one point I was explaining the brain damage I'd got, and the note beside the bed I had for a while reminding me what to do in the mornings before leaving for work. I didn't break down but certainly got a bit teary at that point. It was something I'd have rather not remembered right then from the whole nightmare.

He went back to May. FFS I was only 2 months out of dialysis back then. I'm not even sure I was working full time then. And he crapped on about all the days I'd had off. Fuck, I was so close to telling him to shove his job right up his ass. What a fuckin asshole. As well as my immediate supervisor for raving about a text message that wasn't any of her business to him. In the end I stayed calm and was given a month to have certificates for all my appts in the next month, give a weeks notice of appts, and be reviewed end of that month.

Afterwards I went and saw the union guy on the shop floor. I was to angry to talk to my supervisor, even though I wanted to confront her about the BS she'd been spreading. He will join me in any future meetings with management. I will not be treated like this in future. I don't deserve to be. Involving the union guy will mean I'll have to diclose my HIV status, but he's already indicated anything I say to him like that is completely confidential.

I just can't believe this shit. All over this supervisor who has over reacted and told fuck knows what interpretation about a joke text message, that wasn't sent to her and was none of her business, even though she was shown it. I don't even know if I can continue working with her I'm so fuckin pissed off about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment