Tuesday 16 August 2011

Off to the doctors

Typical.

So much for the big brave effort to not go to the doctors. 

Had a terrible night. Felt awful, even after a hot bath. Worst is my throat, red raw. So painful. Kept me awake half the night. Have taken about half a box of Panadol overnight. Sucking on lozenges. Nothing seemed to help much. By morning it was still stinging like hell, hurt to swallow pills, even have water. Fuck that was it, called work and told them I'd not be in, and rung the doctor when they opened at 8am. Got an appt this afternoon.

Work was fine. After all the fuckin bullshit that's happened about my time off, it was like they were all falling over themselves not to be judgmental or condemning about this time. I honestly did try to go to work, went yesterday with feeling badly, but after it getting so much worse overnight there's just no way today. Of course will make sure I get the doctors cert. 

I've been wondering of late about the factory manager and the way he acted towards me. He was so incredibly unreasonable about it all, I'm thinking there might be something more to it? I asked at one point had he ever had experience in working with someone who's HIV+? His answer was no. I suppose it might be that he's deep down discriminatory to such people, but finds himself now in a situation where he can't openly be.

Haven't seen my GP for a while. Um, as it's a bit expensive. I must remember to take in my bloody account number, I always forget. That way they can put the Medicare rebate directly into my account without me having to go to the Medicare office. Saves a lot of hassle. That way it only costs about $40 instead of having to cough up $75 up front. Or my doctor sometimes bulk bills me (maybe out of sympathy for my tragic life darlings) and I don't get charged anything anyway. Might as well get a couple of prescriptions while I'm there as well. Anyway he will probably be glad to see me and want to know how I've been.  

No comments:

Post a Comment