Saturday 21 April 2012

Fast food tragedy

It's been another difficult week.Have been sick for 2 weeks now straight. The pain has gone in my throat but now has moved down into my lungs and am coughing up yellow slime (ah what memories). Thankfully there's no yellow slime in my nose, but it's constantly running and I have to spend all day blowing it and sneezing out of it. I have the usual headache with it all. And to top it all off I got an ulcer in my mouth where my back teeth rub against the gums. I often get one there as my wisdom teeth back there constantly rub, but usually it's nothing big. This one is about 5mm across by the look of it in the mirror, and so painful it's almost as bad as a toothache. The same parts of the right side of my head hurt from it as when I needed a root canal. 

And it's the second week where work has been a struggle. This was a 4 day week, and everyday it was really hard to get up. Waking up coughing up slime and blowing my nose like mad. Fuck. I sound like a real whinger. It's isolating as people get so sick of hearing this shit they turn off. I'm pretty sure though the stressing about the money has been making it worse. Made an appt with my regular GP for Monday, after the psychologist, to go and whinge to him. Suppose I'm due for a CD4 count as well. Was going to leave it another month as I'm so sick of doctors after last year, but I might as well get it done if I'm going anyway.

Took this picture at work this week. It's the big knife that gets changed twice a week. This is the sharpened one ready to put in the machine. The other blunt one gets put in the case and sent off to be sharpened. About a metre long, as sharp as a razor blade. Cuts through 1,000 sheets of paper at a time.


Was reading this morning in the news about KFC here. My daughter used to work at the local one a few years ago here, and so I decided (after finding out some of what goes on there) I would never in my life eat at any KFC. My daughter in fact got a major burn as the floor hadn't been moped and she slipped on it when rushing around the deep fryer. Yep, you guest it, her hand landed in the deep fryer as she tried to stop falling. Can't tell now they did a very good job healing it, she had to go to the special burns unit at a hospital western Sydney. It was entirely KFC's fault as the floor was fuckin filthy. Now I read an even worse case from someone who ate their food:
 A Sydney father who claimed his daughter was left severely brain damaged from salmonella poisoning after eating a KFC 'Twister' has won a court battle against the fast-food chain.
........................
 During a four-week trial in 2010, Monika's father Amanwial Samaan told the court he and his wife Hanna, son Abanou and Monika all fell ill with vomiting and diarrhoea after sharing the Twister.

Monika, who was in a coma for six months and in hospital for seven, is effectively now a quadriplegic and severely brain damaged.

She took the NSW Supreme Court action through her father.

KFC's lawyer, Ian Barker QC, argued there "never was a shared Twister" because there was no sales data to prove the family purchased it.

"You did not tell anyone at the hospital, when you were there between October 27 and 29, that you had shared a KFC Twister that Monday," Mr Barker said in the NSW Supreme Court in July 2010.

"Because there was no direct question at me," Mr Samaan replied.

He also accused Mr Samaan of thinking KFC "might be an easy target".

But the family's barrister, Anthony Bartley SC, presented evidence about KFC food practices that were "disturbing and unsettling".

"If the store was particularly busy, then even if chicken dropped on the floor... it was on some occasions simply put back into the burger station from where it had fallen," he said.
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment