Sunday 22 April 2012

A path to healing

Have been moving in this direction for the past few months, looking back in hindsight. There have been more than one catalyst involved. 

It's an awareness, almost an awakening, of what's impeding. I have a sense that out of all the confusion and chaos, I've found a path into the future. This path leads to betterment, peace, a healing of spiritual, emotional, and possibly even better physicality. That involves every part of my being. A path that's mine, and which I must take.

There's no turning back. It's time to burn the bridges to the past. To move forward away from the pain and despair. From the paralysis. I'm setting fire to those bridges, a fire-storm erupting around me. I'm not going to let myself be hurt any more. Drawing a line in the sand. The past is over. Now I must turn my attention to the future.

I dunno if people involved in that past will understand, like maybe most of my family, me leaving them behind. But I've been to hell and back, and I can't let myself continue to be hurt by anyone who doesn't really care about me at all. 

An update on that U2 video from Live Aid:


The guy on the left sorting out the mic cord is Greg Carrol. A very good Maori friend of theirs who U2 meet on tour in New Zealand. He moved over to Dublin with them. However not long after this he was killed in a tragic motorbike accident, much to everyone's grief. The song "One Tree Hill" is for him, and a reference to One Tree Hill in Auckland.

No comments:

Post a Comment