Saturday 28 April 2012

Continuing slime

Struggling on with the yellow slime. It's all very dramatic of course. If there's one thing I've learnt about the YSD is that it's bloody persistent. The antibiotics do appear to be doing something, with the slime level reducing somewhat and the consistency more fluid than gooey. There are still patches of more solid slime though, mostly in my throat and some the left nostril. I seem to have slime attacks, full on running nose and yellow fluidy crap coming out. Yesterday at work I had to blow my nose constantly for about 5 minutes. Today now there's a bit of blood coming out as well. Oh FFS it's back to the bio-hazard rubbish bin again. Having coughing attacks as well, it's right back in my throat and takes a lot to cough it up. Going to the chemist later today to get the antibiotic repeat. Will ask them if they have something strong over the counter to dry the slime out a bit. The Codral tablets I got from there the other day don't seem to be that effective.

Simon rang last night and said he'll be here in about 2 weeks. Coming in his car this time with his little dog. I warned him the other week about the fleas outside that ended up doing the cat in. It's because of all the rain this year. Have got some of the very effective flea pills left over though so the dog can have them if it gets fleas. Kills all the fleas on the dog for 24 hours somehow. Got the pills when puss was dying and only used 2 of them. Expensive they were $70! Glad that they can be of some use. He can take them back with him if he wants in case the dog ever does get fleas. Hope I'm better by then. Fuck I'm already going into the 4th week of this shit.

Going to be 50 on Monday. What a fuckin accomplishment! Feels like I've run a marathon to get there. My 40's were an utter horrendous time. Would never want to go back and do it all again, happy to have made it this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment