Monday 16 April 2012

Revolting stomach dilemnas

Had a very bad night last night. Been taking it easy all week but went Sunday afternoon for an outing at a pub in Darlinghurst as was invited there. As I hadn't eaten since lunch I thought I'd have the "Soup of the day" before leaving. It was very nice, a large bowl of a Thai soup and some bread with garlic butter. 

Something in it didn't agree with me at all though. Got home about 8 I think on the bus and felt incredibly tired for some reason. I guess it might still have been the effects of this illness I've had for a week. It's definitely getting better now at last, but the fatigue seems to be lingering. Hadn't been out at all apart from a few beers going home from work last Thursday. Have not even drunk any beers apart from that since the Sat before. But as I was so tired even though it was early I got in the door and went straight to bed (after grunting hello at daughter).

Woke up about 11 feeling really bad in the stomach. Felt like what I'd eaten was just sitting there and refusing to go any further. Drank some water, burped a few times, lay back down. But it slowly got worse and worse, and in the end had to spew in the toilet. Fuck haven't spewed in ages. I hate spewing it's revolting! And this one didn't seem to stop. In the end it was stomach acid coming up as well and afterwards my throat was sore from the acid. Ack, very nice soup but I should have ordered something else I think. Eventually got back to sleep. Not at work today being Monday, but am tomorrow being the second Tuesday.

Thankfully the spew drama ended after it happened. Just something about that particular food that my stomach chucked a fit at. By morning I felt OK. I haven't even had to take any Panadol today for my throat as it's so much better. Happy days. 

Gonna do some shopping shortly. Getting something for lunch for the 4 days of work that will be better for me than the food risks at the work cafeteria. Think it's me more than them. Digestion seems to be a bit of a roll of the dice these days. Suppose I am nearly 50. HIV too does reside in your guts I've heard. Oh for the days when I had an iron stomach! When I could party all weekend and go to work happily first thing Monday morning (albeit a bit dazed). Amazing I'm even making it to 50.   

Getting something easy to make for dinner through those 4 days too. So important for me to eat well especially in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment