Saturday 14 April 2012

A tough week

Haven't been well this week. Had this bloody soreness inside the nasal passage and throat, sneezing, the usual stuff. Back of throat is red raw and painful. It's not as bad as on previous occasions though, but it is similar to other times when my estimation was that it was stress related. Given the drama with my Superannuation funds this week and having to provide the Dept of Human Services more info for the third time, it's understandable how just a small cold could hang around like it has. I was very pleased with the email that the $guru sent to them though. It's really good to have someone on my side in all of this. There's no way I could have done this without him:
I am concerned with the process around  this application as it was first forwarded to ERSB on 19th of January  (nearly 3 months ago) and now there is a request for a ___ balance statement. The ___ statement was current at the time of the lodgement of the application. The account is now closed and the balance is static. It may take some time for ___ to generate a statement as banking computer systems are not configured to provide activity statements when an account is closed.
My concern goes to the very crux of the the application, as it is on medical grounds to allieviate my client's stress levels, which impacts on his immune system. As Mr. ___ states in his email to you: "the stress all this is putting me through".
The nose/throat thing has also been giving me headaches all week, been dehydrated, and extremely tired. The days at work were a struggle. Getting up at 6am was very hard, and getting through the work day involved taking Panadol all day to help with the soreness. Getting home after work I'd just make a simple meal, and about an hour later go to bed. Sleeping the whole night, and still finding it hard to wake up at 6am. 

Unfortunately I just couldn't go to work on Friday, was just too tired to get up. It was OK though as I had sick pay to cover it. In fact even with over an hour to spare! Had a friend stop by middle of the night Thursday in a bit of a state (long story) and in hindsight I shouldn't really have gotten up and all given my condition. I was asleep when he rang though and he rang only 2 minutes away, so I sort of felt dazed and obligated to let him in. Would've said no don't come over if he was at home or out somewhere else as I had to work and it was 1:30am. Never got back to bed until 4am. At 6 I just couldn't get up. 

Went and saw a doctor across the road, at the place that's started recently bulk billing again (free). Had to wait an hour but it wasn't too bad. I was feeling pretty sick as the head cold had gotten worse, maybe not enough sleep who knows. Doctor said I had a bad cold infection thing and gave me a certificate for work for the day. I wasn't lying or exaggerating at all when I said I'd had this all week and although it wasn't so bad it had worn me down. It's likely I'd not have gone to work even without interrupted sleep.

Slept 12 hours last night solid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment