Friday 27 April 2012

Bank Karma

Perhaps this is an indication of how things are panning out with me and the asshole bank; the one that has given me strife from day one of me telling them I was presently unable to pay my debt to them. It's a long convoluted story, but perhaps the worst thing they did of which I will never forget, was to (illegally) deny me to apply for financial hardship and a reprieve for some months whilst I sorted out my affairs (as required by legislation) and hand me over to an Indian call centre. Which proceeded to make 14 calls in ten days to me, long story short out and out harassment. It was only the $guru who stopped those calls by threatening the bank. This bank I'd been with for 27 years.

In disgust at my treatment, not long after that I changed banks and started putting my wages in another one. I left the fucked up bank to sort out it's own process with what it was going to do with my dormant account. As I was no longer putting a minimum of $2,000 a month into the account of my wages I knew it would incur the $5 a month account keeping fee. So I waited....

I got the final letter about the account today in the mail. They had in recent months charged nearly $20 to the account in fees. I know it was "autoclosed" in the end, but it does seem very Karma to me that they had to in fact credit all the fees they'd charged to the account, back to the account, to close it.


It's the end of an era. I know that account number from memory after many years of writing it. I'm glad I don't bank with them any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment