Sunday 1 April 2012

Pink Slime scandal

Was bloody concerned after last night seeing that Jamie Oliver thing about Pink Slime in ground beef. So I spent some time researching a little bit about it in the food here. I sometimes get mince from the local supermarket and cook it in various ways. Even home made hamburgers are fine, just a bit of a hassle. Don't use it a lot as the fat content can be a bit high (particularly with lamb mince) and I can get indigestion from it. 

With HIV it goes without saying that the quality of the food I eat is of huge importance. My body needs fresh meat and vegetables, as free from chemicals or contaminants as is possible. And hey, I really enjoy a nice steak with potatoes and veges. I grew up on a farm, it's not rocket science to eat healthily, just common sense. So I was pretty horrified when Australia's meat glue scandal came along:

Gladly the supermarkets came out straight after saying they'd never used it and never would. Bloody disgusting though to think that if you'd gone out to one of the restaurants being supplied by the manufacturer of glued together meats, that you'd have eaten this ghastly capitalist concoction. 

But then I was even more horrified at the Pink Slime scandal going mad on the net now, since Jamie Oliver's segment on his show (in the last post). Even that it was being used in many supermarkets in America. WTF?
 
This is completely outrageous. It's fuckin pet food, not fit for human consumption. They have to spray the shit with Ammonium because of all the germs in it FFS! They might as well just open a can of dog food, spray it with Ammonium to kill the germs, and then mix it up into the meat to make it go further. And they don't even have to telly you it's in there? 

Has there been any studies done (apart from the obvious effects of eating junk food) of what happens to a human body after being exposed to this kind of Slime? There has to be some sort of chemical residue there.

Anyway, so I came across an Australian site about it all, and whew, thank fuck, Pink Slime isn't used here, even at McDonald's. 

I’ve seen reports of this pop up in both my Facebook profile and Twitter feed, most of them passed on by Aussies. And in that context, it seems worth pointing out: McDonald’s doesn’t use ammonium hydroxide as an additive in foods in its burgers in Australia. Nor do any of its fast-food or supermarket rivals.

Why not? Because they can’t. The additive is banned in Australia, and appears nowhere on the list of approved food additives for this country.

link 

I don't eat there, but it would certainly be a worry for me if I knew my daughter was eating a revolting Slime concoction from slimy capitalist ass holes who care nothing about the population except how much money they can get out of them. Truly immoral people. The fact that it was used by McDonald's and Taco Bell in America, as well as in their supermarkets, is an outrageous infringement on the community over there. If they hadn't of been found out, they'd still be using it.

On a lighter note:
 

3 comments:

  1. Yes its absolutely disgusting, but so is the fact that pepsi-co, kraft foods, Lipton, Maggi, Campbells Soup, Nestle & Cadbury among others were using "aborted human embryonic cells' (Flavour receptor:HEK293) to enhance the flavours of their foods/beverages The Christian "Right 2 Life" offshoot "Children of God For Life" petitioned & got them all, bar Nestle to agree to stop using it once their contracts expire with the bio-tech company providing this grisly uh, service? Ick! this is my first time reading your blog, I think its great what you're aiming to do- maainstream media are just sooooo corrupted, controlled & censored that it pisses me off to no end when I find out about all the things that we DESERVE to know- that media just doesnt even bother to cover it- coz it too is owned & controlled by "globalist, capitalist scum" who really, could give 2 fucks whether we live or die (actually they do- at risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist- the Bilderberg group would like nothing more than to kill off 90-odd% of us) What im really frustrated with is when you have solid facts & try to enlighten people but they dnt believe a word of it as they didnt see it on the 6 o'clock news- fuck some ppl just are so "in the box" with their logic- I worry that most will not wake up - I fuckin' refuse to be a mindless slave. I wish you best of luck in life & with your terrible illness- keep fighting the good fight & tellin' it how it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day mate,

      Thanks for the feedback. Yep, the MSM is a candy coated concoction, sterilised for the masses. A numbing cacophony for the sheep. Info overload, but like treacle. So sweet it's revolting.

      I just give my view. If people like or dislike it that's none of my concern. Just putting it out there, as someone who cares about what goes in his body.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous, your post is nothing but utter BULLSHIT. The ignorance of people like you is absolutely appalling. These so-called "christian groups" are nothing but cults who suck fools like you right in. It's pitiful.

      Delete