Monday 30 April 2012

I am 50 today!

. .PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket......Photobucket



What a bloody accomplishment! Sort of a bit stunned at getting here. Time to put the past behind me. 

Haven't been out drinking or anything, just haven't felt like it taking antibiotics and having coughing fits. But it was nice at home yesterday. Daughter gave the presents yesterday as she's working today, including the badge above (it's very her that badge) and the cake above. I couldn't believe they can put pictures on cakes now. What will they think of next? That pic is when I was about 30 I suppose and her a toddler, it's very obvious she's my daughter looking at that one. The cake shop has this special machine that scans a photo and prints the image on rice paper, and they put it on the cake just as you get there to pick it up. Never heard of such a thing. Very nice thought.

She also gave me a beer mug with "Happy 50th" on the side (will put it on the shelf to look at as I don't usually use mugs at home with beer) and a very nice card. 

We chatted very relaxed while having some cake. Appreciated that, how well we get on now. Told her later that that was the best present of all.

Asked her if she still had the picture of her hand after it went into the deep fryer at KFC a few years back, but it was lost on an old phone that shit itself. We were talking about the recent news of the KFC thing, particularly as she'd worked at the one closest to us. She said that she also had seen food that had fallen on the floor being put back into the warmer, and I related how during the KFC trial they used for witnesses workers such as her that had been there and seen what was happening, to testify in the court about it. She was horrified about the girl who got brain damage, and that her superiors let things like that happen at her store as well. Like I've said, I'd never eat there after her working there, just that alone, as I know the sort of thing that goes on there.

So I now embark on my 50's. What a relief.

2 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) birthday! :)
    Cute cake; I love the hair hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Oh yes I was the mullet king.

    ReplyDelete