Monday 24 February 2014

Bit of a wreck this morning

Bloody hell what an incredibly fucked up night. Have had had hardly any proper sleep. Had a double whammy of sickness.

First I woke up with stomach pains and had to go running to the toilet with the runs. One of those times when it hurts your stomach so much you're sitting on the throne just about hyperventilating from the pain, and sweating. I go back to bed after that but the pain comes back and it's back to the throne again. Then again, and again. About 5 or 6 times I end up going over about an hour.

At the same time that my stomach is finally settling down, I start getting this bizarre and intense pain in my foot just back from my toes. It gets worse and worse, to the point it's so bad I'm almost crying. The pain seemed to affect my whole leg after a bit and my toes feel like they're broken it hurts so much. A bit of swelling but not a lot.

I take about 4 Panadol over an hour and it helps slightly. Then I try Voltaren cream on it that helps more than the Panadol. Finally after some time the pain settles down enough that I can go back to sleep. It'd been about 4 hours since I first woke up with the diarrhea. 

So I'm hobbling around the house this morning, stinging bleary eyes, aghast at the fuckin night I've had. My foot is still very sore but nothing like last night. Enough to be limping and careful how I put my foot down when walking. I've got no idea what caused it, or what it even was. The Voltaren suggests it may have been muscular? If it was some kind of strange muscle spasm it would have been a bloody intense one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment