Wednesday 26 February 2014

Great results from the doctor :)

Was really surprised yesterday. the results from my last blood test were so good.

My HIV viral load is still undetectable, which I was expecting. I mean I'm taking the pills properly and all so there's no reason why the viral load shouldn't continue on as it has.

What left my jaw hanging open though was the CD4 count. It was 1,090! I said "Am I a freak?" and the doc says that there are a few people like me with similar readings. I myself have only ever heard of one other person with a CD4 count over 1,000, who lives in Canada and emailed me a while back through the blog.

My kidney functions are stable too, which they have been for some months. And my assertion to the doc that I had indeed been drinking less beer was confirmed by my liver results showing they had improved from last test.

All in all excellent results. Especially after being only hours from death three years ago from complete kidney failure.

Interesting about my foot. The diagnosis was some kind of bug bite, that must have happened that night that I was a blur between the bed and the toilet with the runs. I remember the pain in my foot came along near the end of that episode. David said he saw a spider in the bathroom the next morning, and had actually suggested to me in the night it may have been a bite. The doctor agrees. So it appears that I was bitten by some dasdardly Australian spider. Doubtful though whether it was in fact poisonous, as it's just as likely that my hyperactive immune system had some sort of reaction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment