Thursday 20 February 2014

Amnesty petition to Scott Morrison

Like I've said I have petition signing fatigue, so it's only the odd one here and there that really interests me. This one is from Amnesty International, demanding Scott Morrison improve conditions on Manus Island. Remember, Morrison is a Hillsong Christian :s


Dear Minister Morrison, 

I am greatly concerned about the conditions for detainees at the Manus Island detention centre, especially given the violence and death that has occurred there recently. 

On 11 December 2013, Amnesty International delivered to you the report, This is Breaking People, detailing 70 recommendations for Manus Island detention centre, many for urgent improvements to conditions. 

I welcomed your public commitment on 13 December to improving conditions at Manus detention centre. 

As a matter of urgency, please provide an update on the improvements made since your public statement. 

I call on the Australian Government to urgently respond in full to all the recommendations in Amnesty International's report. sign here

No comments:

Post a Comment