Tuesday 11 February 2014

Doctor visit

Had quite an excursion yesterday as I had to see my GP about the hospital stay the other night, and also had to pick up my HIV meds from the Albion St Pharmacy. 

Doctor listened to what had happened and I gave him the hospital discharge letter. He's given me yet another prescription of the Somac for the stomach acid, but stronger than the hospital prescription that I got filled the other day. I guess you call that a new, new pill? Will get it done today and start them. He wants me to take them for a month and see how things go. Fuck, it couldn't be any worse than what I went through the other day with the vomiting without the pills. He also gave a Maxilon prescription if I needed any of that too.

He asked how many beers I was drinking. Is only about 3 these days, most of the time just a six pack from the bottlo and we share it - three each. That's it. Of course doctors like to go on and on about beers and all, and quote some safety level that's even less than 3 beers. I mean FFS, you've got to be realistic. He noticed I'd lost weight too, but wasn't concerned. So I guess I shouldn't be. He reckoned weight loss helps things like stomach reflux, that may be so with people who're fat but I'm not. What's the difference between light and a bit lighter?

No comments:

Post a Comment