Sunday 20 February 2011

Stuck in the bedroom

A hot weekend here in Sydney, ugh. I used to like the warm weather here when I first arrived from New Zealand years ago. It was so nice to be able to go outside at night with just shorts on. But these days I find the middle of summer just stifling. Feb you can just about taste the humidity, and constantly sweating in the heat. Really uncomfortable. The sweat gets under the bandage of the perma-cath and I'm constantly having to try and stick the bandage back down. If that gets infected I'm fucked. The tube goes directly to the main artery to my heart. I'm a delicate flower these days darlings!

It's 30 degrees outside now (86 F), humid, just sick of it. Am in the bedroom in front of the AC. Not so bad in here, got a telly, DVD player, little stereo, old computer, phone, and the net wirelessly. Boring in the same room though. At least I'm not fuckin sweating to death. Would rather be in the lounge with the big telly, sound system, and high definition, but it's just too hot in there. The weather people says a southerly change is coming soon, so I hope shortly will be able to let a cool wind blow through the house. Temps can drop 10 degrees or more in an hour with a strong change.

Daughter went out to some "Rave" last night. Had some friends over yesterday and they all got ready in her bedroom. So there was this "rave" music blaring for a while from there, before they all went out the front door in this laughing group. I asked her about the drugs thing as she got caught with ecstasy a while back and had to go to court over it, think it really scared her. She was adamant she takes nothing now at these rave things, and told me about how she gets pissed off if any of her friends do. I tend to believe her as our relationship now isn't about me telling her what she should be doing, but more about giving her advice from my life experience. She knows someone from High School who deals and she can't believe they haven't been caught yet as they're so casual about it. She agrees with me if you deal it's about when you get caught, not if. She's come home today with a few friends, 2 have left and there's now only one guy friend in there. .... Dunno his name but have seen him in pics of hers.

Well I'm glad she's learned to have sex quietly, if that's the story in there. I don't care who she decides to have sex with, but it did get a bit awkward early on when she moved back in. I ended up texting her from my room at 2am asking her to keep it down! Suppose that wasn't as embarrassing for her as me knocking on the door. I apologised later saying I was just tired and felt sick and didn't mean to interfere. She was fine with it, but I haven't heard her since. It's a worry now when Simon comes again. I mean we're both rather vocal!

No comments:

Post a Comment