Monday 7 February 2011

Biopsy

Got the kidney biopsy done today. I dunno what exactly they test for, or how many tests, or how long it takes to find it all out. Had to go in and went up to the original Ward I was on during the first hospital stay where I nearly died the first time, in a bed next to the room where I got the water pump thing put in so the mobile dialysis machine could be used on that ward. All the staff there remembered me and asked how I was.

The biopsy went without a hitch, and the doctor showed me it on the computer; some kind of ultrasound thing he had going on there to guide the needle in. Had to lie there for 6 hours afterwards before going home as they have lots of blood vessels and are prone to bleed after such a thing. No problems though, all very boring. I read a book and listened to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment