Monday 28 February 2011

No worries with work

As I thought, there was no reason to be nervous. 

Spent most of the 4 hours there today sitting in a chair doing table-work. Was needed as they are short staffed in that area at the moment. Nothing at all strenuous. 

There were only two people so far who were after a detailed response regarding WTF happened over the last 2 months. The "I had an allergic reaction to anti-inflammatorys" response worked marvelously. 

I only showed 3 people the perma-cath. I think it's a bit full on for the general public though, may tone that down a bit.

All in all went fine, no worries at all. So there it is, I've made it back to work.

Have told the dept head that over the next 2 weeks I have a few appts that can't be changed. The doctors are generally booked out a month in advance at the hospital so I can't just move the appt to the afternoon, as it's booked already with someone else. Will miss 2 or 3 days of work over that. And with only doing 4 hours a day I won't be earning a lot off work as yet, so will get to keep some of the Sickness Allowance off Centrelink for a bit longer. I'll have to give Centrelink my work payslips though so the Sickness Allowance can be reduced accordingly. I'll keep the health care card as long as I'm on it. That thing is saving me a fortune on prescriptions; only $5.60 per script. It paid for my ambulance too that was called for my second stint in hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment