Thursday 17 February 2011

Dialysis ends

The hospital rang yesterday afternoon. It was one of the head people in charge of the dialysis dept. She said she had good news for me but bad news for her; that I didn't have to go to dialysis anymore. Said she'd miss me as I was "very funny" and congratulated me for keeping a sense of humour throughout a very difficult time. I have to go get blood taken Monday for them to test it, so I said I'd stop in and say hello then. They're just down the corridor from the Renal team. 

The blood results taken Tuesday turned out to be excellent. The creatinine levels (at 900 when I went in hospital the first time) were at 115, almost back to normal. They will leave the perma-cath in for about a week they said just in case, before taking it out.

So it happened again. I survived. 

That's not to say I still haven't had enough. Am fragile. I need things to go well for a while at least. I won't survive another knock out blow if it happens soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment