Wednesday 9 February 2011

Brain Damage

A bit of a realisation today. The symptoms are continuing. This was also part of the discussion yesterday with the Infectious Diseases team as to how I was going with it. It happened from lack of oxygen when I was found unconscious at home on the bed with pneumonia. Certainly a huge improvement in the last month, but still am dealing with limitations involved. 

I still have trouble thinking of some words, although this is improving. I found today however I was just completely hopeless when faced with quite a few tasks to perform. I ended up dividing them up and assigning some of them to tomorrow as it was just too much for me to get my head around. Nothing particularly complicated, just a number of things to do that combined all seemed too much and insurmountable.

I does make me wonder how I'm going to go at work when the time comes. It seems any ability to organise is non-existent at the moment. Perhaps this will improve with time.

Did a spot of Googling. This I can definitely relate to:

Other symptoms can include: hallucinations and delusions; increased agitation and confusion; depression and other mood disorders; personality changes, such as irritability and a reduced threshold for frustration; and an inability to focus or concentrate.
http://www.caregiver.org/caregiver/jsp/content_node.jsp?nodeid=575 

No comments:

Post a Comment