Friday 18 February 2011

My own space

Have been noticing this week how much I've been appreciating just being at home and in my own space. Not jumping up and feeling obligated to go out and do things, but just being contented to sit at home and enjoy being home. Have even had the odd night in front of the telly where I wasn't completely bored shitless with the crap coming out of it.

I don't bother with pay TV, free to air is enough for me. With the new digital they have a lot more channels now. Other night I started with Seinfeld, followed by The Middle. Then another station had How Clean is your House (where they clean up filthy houses) and then Hoarders. All interesting. This hoarder lady was a "level 5" and they found 2 dead cats in her house cleaning it up! Gross! But I was sitting there with incensed candles burning and an atmosphere of home. It's an old house, but it has a certain air about it.

I've been starting to get back into cooking too. Am certainly no master chef, but am known for the odd kitchen success. All adds to the feeling of home. 

There's the thing too with no obligation to do anything. Probably just as well with my head the way it is. Half the time I spend slightly dazed not doing anything at all. Nothing like a good brain injury to confuse. Told my work dept head that I've got half a mind to come back to work. .....

No comments:

Post a Comment