Saturday 12 February 2011

2nd week with only 2 dialysis sessions

Encouraging. Two whole weeks with only 2 appts each for dialysis. Weight and fluid still fine, and not experiencing any dizzy spells or shortness of breath. I'm really hoping I can come off dialysis soon. That would make a huge difference, not only as a milestone regarding recovering but also mentally regarding my outlook. 

Some may think how wonderful it would be to be able to just sit around and get all this money off the gov for nothing. But personally I'd rather be working and being productive; doing something makes me feel like I'm worth something, and not worthless. I know some people make a lifestyle out of living off the gov, but I've never been like that. Have worked all my life, paid taxes all my life. Happy to take the help from the gov when I need it, but I'd not like to end up having to do that if I can help it.

Pouring rain here today. Very refreshing after the heat we've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment