Monday 21 February 2011

Another good blood test result

The Renal team is monitoring my blood this week to make sure I'm OK without dialysis. I had some taken this morning, a full 6 days since the last dialysis. The creatinine  levels were still good especially considering the 6 day period. They've decided now to arrange some specific time for the perma-cath to be removed.

The doctor rang me late afternoon with the results. He was a bit worried about potassium levels being high though. Told me to not take the nightly blood pressure pill as that one can raise potassium, and to come in to the hospital tomorrow to get a prescription for some drug that helps with that.

Have sent an email today to the work dept head saying a Wednesday back to work start was looking a bit unrealistic, and that it would probably be Monday. Explained the hospital would be testing my blood this week to confirm I'm OK, and it's procedure that needed to be followed before starting work. I have to go back Thursday as well so they can do another blood test.

No comments:

Post a Comment