Friday 4 March 2011

End of first week of work

The first week back at work has come to an end. Would have to say has been a complete success. We weren't aiming too high and expectations were simply that I'd be able to manage getting up and working for 4 hours. Although one day was missed because of hospital appts, the other days were all fine. I feel a bit tired today but I think that's more to do with the Efexor getting back into my system on the higher dose. It takes a few weeks to get to full strength when increasing the dose. I'd forgotten just how strong 300mg/day was, and that between 9am and 11am I always used to feel spaced out from it, no matter how long I'd been taking that dose. I see my GP Monday and will probably increase the daily hours worked.

I get two weeks to tell Centrelink of the change in my circumstances; i.e. going back to work. I've only been paid for 2 days so far anyway so there's not a great deal to worry about there. Next week not sure exactly how much will get paid yet so will have to wait and see. Will take both pay slips in and they can figure out my next Centrelink payment from there. If I get those 2 days off (last Wed and this coming Monday) paid out of sick pay, they may say I've earned over the limit and cut off the Sickness Allowance altogether along with the healthcare card, dunno. 

I was considering telling them nothing as the whole thing runs out on the 17th anyway if I don't provide another doctors certificate, and I wouldn't have to have the hassle of going into their office and waiting in that bloody line again. But then if my health got worse and I needed time off work again, I'd guess Centrelink would have a great crisis about me not doing everything by the book. It took such a lot of fucking around to get everything sorted out in the first place, so I think I'd be better to follow every last single rule of theirs so they have nothing to complain about. So payslips to Centrelink it is.


I have the dentist this afternoon. The temp filling the dentist put in came out the other day, but it hasn't been very sore without it there so I didn't bother going back in in the meantime before this appt. Oh how manly of me! Dunno what he's going to decide to do now. Whatever he thinks best I don't care. Gov paying for it so whatever.

Simon is arriving on the train at Central station in the city at about 9pm. Left the car at home this time, just here for a few days. He gets the same dentist thing as I do, he's managed to convince his doctor in the country that he has some kind of chronic illness, forget what it's supposed to be. So his doctor has done all the necessary paperwork and he's seeing a dentist here in Sydney. He had a sore tooth last time he was here and is coming back for another appt at the dentist he went to then, as well as other things he has to do.

I'm feeling a bit nervous again. Nervous seems to be my fuckin middle name at the moment. I want him to enjoy himself and things go right this visit, me not be sick and not freaked out with anxiety about going out the front door or out of the local area. Fuck, I'm fuckin nervous about being anxious! Good grief!

No comments:

Post a Comment