Wednesday 23 March 2011

In the clear

After all the dramatics darlings, it appears I've made it into the clear. Well at least a little clearing. I don't want to have an over-expectation crisis in six months. So I guess the most I'm willing to be happy about right now is that presently things are looking the best they have since last December. Perhaps better given the new way I'm looking at things after nearly carking it twice in a month.
  • The HIV doctors (Infectious Diseases team) last week said I don't need to see them for 2 months. From here on there is no crisis with them after my excellent blood results, and just the 2-3 month monitoring. 
  • The Kidney doctors (Renal Team) told me Monday they don't need to see me for another 2 months. Everything is fine for now, and they only want to see me, again, for 2-3 month monitoring.
  • My GP did the last medical certificate for work on Monday, giving me the OK to work full time again. I didn't need to make another appt to see him when leaving. That is the end of his involvement with getting me back to work.
  • I've now worked 2 days full time. It appears I've not fainted (despite working normally) or ended up in ICU not knowing where the fuck I was. 
From here I think I'll have to find my own path. Not talking about medically, but life in general. Life after near death is very very different. Happiness and fulfillment lies in doing what's right for you, not perhaps what others think is right for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment