Thursday 17 March 2011

Centrelink hassle

Finally got around to seeing them. I tried to do it online but wasn't allowed to on a Sickness Allowance. So I tried ringing them but the phone was constantly busy, they are tied up dealing with the aftermath of the Queensland floods and the Cyclone. So I went in there the other day after work and the line was out the fuckin door! Waited for about 10 minutes and gave up and went home. Would've been an hour wait I reckon. So I went there today and hooray, only 3 people in the line. I nearly fainted. 

It's been three pays now though since I started working, nearly 3 weeks. This week was nearly a full weeks pay. I've been getting the early bus to have a leisurely coffee in the cafeteria at work before starting, but as I clock on when I get there the pay system has paid me for that half an hour as well. Making it 6.5 hour days instead of only 6. So anyway I end up with a Centrelink person and hand them the 3 payslips.

Unfortunately it's a bit late. I explain the situation how hard it's been to actually get in contact with them and tell them that I'm working, she was fine with it. But I got paid again a fortnights $600 from them, which I didn't realise as it only went in the bank yesterday. So they want that back. She said to just wait for the letter to come and take it from there. 

It's no biggie. The money is there I checked later. Am debating maybe I could pay it off on a credit card, they have high interest, and then just pay it off with Centrelink. I assume they'd not charge the same high interest as with credit cards. I'll have to look into this.

Had a talk with Simon on the phone last night about my depression. Didn't go into it too much, but he seemed much more understanding which was a relief. He says "Oh what are we going to do with you darling". Also that I need a holiday. That all I seem to do is hospital and work. Suppose he's right. He reckons I should have taken some time away before going back to work, but I couldn't really. Was going further into debt at a fast rate and had to do something. May go up again to his place in the country around Easter for a week. Time away would probably be a very good idea. Would take the train. 

No comments:

Post a Comment