Monday 21 March 2011

Unwell

Spent all yesterday sick in bed, almost a migraine. Didn't eat much as the headache was making me feel sick in the stomach as well. Down one side of the head, and making the shoulder hurt too. Took some Panadol for it, too scared to take anything stronger than that these days. It helped a bit, better than nothing. Still hurting this morning, don't think as bad though.

I used to get migraines a lot when I was younger. Really bad ones. Some of them I didn't even know where I was. They've gotten much milder as I got older and I hardly even get them anymore now. Sometimes though I get these headaches that are too mild to be a migraine but too severe to be just a normal headache.

Day off work today as have 2 appts. The first with the renal team, nothing major I don't think, just a follow up I suppose. Maybe will ask them about this headache, as I'm slowly coming off their steroid pills (for the immune system) and they said that if you stop taking them too quickly you can get bad side effects; aching muscles and feeling ill. 

Second one is with my GP to give another medical certificate for work. Am pretty sure he will put me up to full time at 7.5hours/day. They have kept the bloke from the agency there that filled in for me when I was sick, doing the heavy lifting work that I usually do. He has gotten a permanent job to go to so will be leaving end of this week I think. They were thinking of getting another bloke from the agency after that, but I reckon I will be OK. The 6 hour days went fine after an adjustment at the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment