Thursday 3 March 2011

Simon coming to visit

Simon is coming for a few days from the country. He's got a few things to do in Sydney (including me it seems). I hope this visit goes better than the last one. I was so fucked up then, and felt so bad about being that way with him here. Originally we'd planned for me to go with him back out to the country for a week or so at the end of his stay, but I was just too sick and still getting dialysis. I could tell he was really disappointed and I felt so bad about it. He was very caring and understanding though, but that seemed to make me feel even worse! At least this time I'm fully functional without the need for machinery to keep me alive.

By coincidence it's the Mardi Gras this weekend. I've been to a couple but you have to get there quite early otherwise you get stuck behind everyone and can't see much. Haven't got a lot of money either and don't particularly feel like going out much anyway. We'll see how I feel Sat. It's only just up the road from here. Transport is good with lots of buses to get home on and there. Have never been to the after party, although wouldn't mind. It's evidently pretty full on. I've never been organised enough to get tickets to the thing.

Got an email from Vanessa Wagner, drag queen, other week. Am not into drag but I find her hilarious. Wouldn't pay money to see her though. Simon isn't into drag either. Each to their own, but personally I don't get it. I mean if you want to have sex with a guy, why would you want them dressed up as a woman? But they are entertaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment