Monday 7 March 2011

Life again

Happy to say things have gone back to normal between Simon and I. I was worried after last time that it might continue in that same vein. I was in such a state with the brain injury then and finding it hard to feel and express emotions. Which included how I felt with him as well. Comparatively I felt hardly anything at times, which was a real concern. We'd been so close in the past, and to lose that was huge. I wanted to feel that connection again, that closeness and support. It was like I'd become a zombie.

But it's back now. That connection has returned. As with the previous post, it's like I've been away, and have returned at last to the land of the living. Able to feel and give emotionally.

Saw the Renal doctor this morning, he wants to see me again in 2 weeks. Said the blood results have stabilized. They are a touch on the high side with the creatinine clearance levels at around 160, but he says that's low enough to keep me out of trouble. There's a bit of scaring on the kidneys but they may improve even more yet, they don't know. Eventually I'll will be seeing him 3 monthly to keep an eye on things. He also was saying what a good result this was given how sick I was, and "one more day and we'd have been going to a funeral". 

He asked what I was taking and I told him about increasing the happy pill dose back to the normal 300mg/day again. He thought that was the right thing to do as everyone was quite worried at how depressed I was recently. They don't intervene in that area though as they're not qualified to do so. Asked me if I was still seeing the psychologist, which I am. I was very open about how I was feeling at the time, said straight out to doctors that I was "incredibly depressed" if they asked how I felt. I didn't know they were so worried though.

Went on a trip out on the harbour yesterday with Simon, his idea to get out of the house. Caught the ferry to Manly on the other side. Haven't been on a ferry in years. Took a few photos but haven't looked at them yet, will post one or two here if they come out OK. It was a bit overcast over the city so not the spectacular tourist type snaps that they may have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment