Wednesday 18 July 2012

Lodging the disability forms

Put the forms in today for the disability application. I have an appointment next Tuesday to see one of their doctors. They were booked out at the local Centrelink so I have to go to the Redfern one. Haven't been there before but they said it's close to the train station so should be no worries to find it. 

Got up early as I still had to print out the odd thing or two from online. Then the printer ran out of black ink and refused to work at all. Stuffed around with it for ages, in the end had to wait for the shops to open down the road so I could get a new cartridge. Then had to go through all the forms to make sure I filled everything in and didn't miss anything. 

After that it was going to pick up the psychologists report, about a half hour bus trip away. Thought I better stop at home to make a copy of it before taking it all into Centrelink. I've read what he's written about me before for other things I've needed it for, so I'm not shocked anymore when it's all laid out in one two page thing like that. It was however confirmation that in his opinion I am sick enough for disability. I wonder if I've been in denial about it for months? It's been very hard the last 18 months at work, many times I only went from forcing myself, and tried staying employed after a 30 year full time work ethic seemed to have me thinking I could do it no matter what.

Centrelink actually went very smoothly today. I think I'm still in shock. Was only there for about 45 minutes, didn't wait that long either. Lodging the forms was a simple matter of someone typing madly on a computer whilst making sure they were all in order, and presenting enough ID. The appointment was made for next week and a two page info sheet about it given to me. I was also within the 2 week period from letting them know I was going to lodge the forms, so if successful will be back paid to that date I first approached them. Finally finished it all and left their office at 1pm. 

Am feeling to be honest, a bit defeated. Didn't think I was this bad. Reading the psychologist report he'd consider I'd qualify on mental health grounds alone. That's pretty fucked up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment