Sunday 15 July 2012

"This is your brain on music"


There was a little news report on the telly last night about how stroke victims were being played live music in rehab to aid healing. I've also known music to be extremely helpful in difficult times in recent years. One of the worst things however about depression was the way it was so paralysing, and at times losing that appreciation of the way music could express my state. Perhaps I was just so much in a place of trauma that the songs I had weren't relative to my feelings, so what was the point of even listening?

Part of a road back for me has involved reconnecting with music. Finding music that continued to express my state and listening to other varied forms that I'd not have considered in previous years. Of course today's technology is pretty amazing, how you can just download stuff onto a little thing and plug it into a sound system. Music today has never been so accessible. There's much opportunity to expand tastes.

I came across this book online and decided to buy it. Will make it my next book to read when it comes.


This interview was hugely interesting. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment