Friday 13 July 2012

Stupid bank

I've made the final payment to the nice but inefficient bank, but the other one has been a delay. Ironically this is the evil asshole bank, which chucked hissy fits left right and centre, at various stages of me trying to get my application through the Canberra bureaucrats to release my Superannuation funds to pay them. This was the bank that inferred at every communication I had with them that I was some sort of criminal trying to rip them off.

The original total for the credit card and personal loan was about $25,000 with this second bank, but the $guru negotiated that down to 80% of that, about $17,000, which would be the final payment. I signed that form of theirs the other month. The $guru though was wanting to get a final confirmation that this will be the end of it all, since it took them so long in Canberra to get through their bureaucratic bullshit.

This has turned into a slightly difficult affair. Because the $guru had to make an official complaint to the financial services ombudsman about the bank regarding my case to get them to be co-operative, said financial services ombudsman is now overseeing the case to ensure that correct and fair procedure is followed by the bank. Which in turn means that only one particular person at the bank is allowed to make an progress with the case at all. 

She's on holidays, won't be back until Monday.

Sat in the $guru's office while he tried in vain to get somebody there to make a decision, but all to no avail. Other than making a note on the file that we'd rung them, it all has to wait until Monday when said particular person arrives back from her holidays.

Oh well, fuck em. I tried. Have put the money into the high interest account at about 5.5% in the meantime, and explained that when I do get the final OK it'll take me one working day to transfer the funds (over the net) back into my working account where it will be paid from. Via BPay I assume, as with the other bank.

But really, how stupid. After all their threats and innuendo, you'd think they'd have somebody there for the 2 weeks that the particular person on holidays could have assigned responsibility to, to act on her behalf. A simple matter of just confirming a signed document and receiving the money, nothing earth shattering. So now they've had to wait nearly 2 weeks longer of their own accord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment