Thursday 26 July 2012

Shopping mall collapse

Couple of days ago I was going to the local mall, and when I got on the bus the driver told me that if that's where I was going it had been closed by the police. Including many of the surrounding roads. Far out, the whole mall. This is a big place, 3 levels, major stores, a cinema complex, food court, etc, all shut. When it opened years back it was the biggest one in the southern hemisphere at the time, even though it was only two levels. Since then they've built another level on top of it. 

Turned out part of it had collapsed. Not much, but it looked pretty bad what it was. Luckily it had happened before opening so no one was injured or killed. So far they dunno WTF caused it, will be a big investigation. I'd say there will be law suits by the retailers there for lost money.

Got these off the net as you aren't allowed anywhere near it. More here in the local paper.

I like this one, Karma baby!

Here's a different angle.

The collapse continued through the car par floor to the level below.

This one was freaky. This is a walkway between two carpark levels, and people use it with shopping trolleys. I've been up and down it many times. Lucky no one was there as they'd have been killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment