Sunday 15 July 2012

I'm sick. Sleep city

Have been feeling a bit off colour the last few days, and yesterday got decidedly worse. Nose running, which is no big deal as it seems to run a lot these days from allergies. But this feels like maybe a bad cold or maybe even a touch of the flu. Just about blew my brains out this morning when I sneezed, was a quick walk to the roll of paper towels to get there before I did. Normal tissues are hopeless as they just disintegrate, with the snot firing straight through. Ack. 

Yesterday I had fuck all appetite and generally a dull ache all over. Cold all the time, even though is not too bad in Sydney at the moment at about 17-18 degrees. Forced myself to make something to eat, cooked a steak and mashed potatoes with peas and corn. Felt OK after eating, it's just getting over that feeling of sort of not wanting to eat at the start. I've discovered an amazing gravy invention at the supermarket too; in a plastic sachet, already mixed up, put it in the microwave for 1 minute, and hey presto gravy ready to pour. Faaaabulous! 

So that was all OK, and the Panadol I was taking was actually helping with the aches all over. It all was manageable, except for one thing. The tiredness.

Fuck at about 6pm I just had to go to bed. Couldn't keep my eyes open. Got to bed and was breathing deeply, seemed like I was half asleep and already almost snoring before my head hit the bloody pillow. So I crashed, expecting to wake up in a couple of hours or so, and maybe read or watch telly for a bit in bed. But no, I just kept on sleeping. The odd trip to the toilet for a piss and that was it, straight back to sleep again. Daughter had a couple of friends over in her room and they were laughing with the TV quite loud, but it didn't bother me at all. Just sounded like a distant murmur to me. 

It's not like I've been out late and all like last weekend, so I wasn't catching up on any sleep lost. I guess it must have been from not feeling so good. In the end I slept 11 hours solid. Surfaced at about 5am and turned on the telly for a bit. 

Turned it off shortly afterwards though. One of those dreadful shows was on with a preacher (Sunday morning) telling me how wonderful god was and all. Quoting Bible scriptures constantly (only the ones they like of course). Decided to read for a bit before arising from such a long and deep sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment