Thursday 19 July 2012

In demand

Have had to delay the trip to Lightning Ridge, was already supposed to be there by now. I'm going to ask next Tuesday at the doctor interview for Centrelink, if they need me to be here in Sydney while the form is getting processed. They said it can take about a month or so, and when I asked what was involved other than the interview they said just waiting. They do have a Centrelink office in Lightning Ridge of course, but it's a long way away from Sydney. I'm just worried if they want something more for the application then I'll be way out there. 

Simon's not happy about it at all. But WTF can I do? I started this whole process, and I can't just drop everything in the middle of it and travel nearly 1,000 km's away. All this shit takes time, particularly when it involves the gov. He wants me to try and get out there end of next week for the gem festival. Apparently it's the biggest event of the year there with people coming from all over the world to buy and sell gems. Sounds really great, interesting and all, but if I'm stuck here sorting out things well that's just life. 

The agency rang me again too. I seem to be in high demand, fuck Simon having a stress attack whilst playing a tragic violin, and the agency wanting me to work. I've told the guy, I don't know how many times, I'd not be wanting to work until the beginning of next month at the earliest. But he just keeps ringing. Stories of jobs that won't come up again, bla bla... whatever. I'm sure it's just a line he uses to get people to go to these places. Suppose there must be a real shortage of skilled tradesmen. In the end I texted him that I was already in Lightning Ridge, that'll get the guy off my back. How's he to know where I am, he only has my mobile number. Think I might just keep saying that until I get a result with the disability application. 

Back is hurting a lot today, dunno why. Noticed this morning when I did the dishes and was leaning over the sink. Right in the middle and up to my neck, giving a bit of a headache too. Exactly where it was hurting at work a lot, from leaning over the machine all day. My body's already pretty used up with that sort of work over the years, wouldn't be looking forward to driving it further into the ground if the disability application failed. 

Am sort of quietly confident though it will go through OK. The psychologist I've been seeing since 2009 is well known in Sydney, and for him to write that he supports my application on the grounds of mental and physical health (yes I'm totally fucked darlings) would carry a lot of weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment