Tuesday 14 August 2012

I'm meeting Mr X

Mr X, who's been recently diagnosed and has done the odd guest post on here, is coming to my area and we've decided to meet up in real life. He doesn't live anywhere near me so there's not been the opportunity until now. We'll have a beer tomorrow somewhere.

Nobody lives anywhere near me in fact that I've met through the blog. I think it's maybe like an Australian or Kiwi thing. Despite the internet changing communications since it's arrival, we're still geographically very isolated. 

So you get to know people online, but it's very rare to actually meet them in the real world here. It's sort of a buzz when it happens. Often they're completely on the other side of the world.   

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know....

    I've beeen following your blog for some time, and I'm on the other side of the world: Groton, Connecticut, the nuclear-submarine capital of the USA.

    I send my fondest regards and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete