Wednesday 22 August 2012

Solar powered

Not feeling so well today. Woke up this morning and that bloody pain in my back was back, around my shoulder blade and going up the side of my head. So far have taken 4 Panadol which did fuck all. Luckily Dr Simon has some Panadene Forte that has codiene in it, which I'm allowed to take. It seems to have helped a lot. The pain was so fuckin bad, I lay in bed until nearly 9am, got up and walked around thinking maybe that'd help. Was like a bloody zombie. Think will go see my GP about it when I get back to Sydney, maybe he can give me something stronger than piss weak Panadol.

Noticed when I got here that Simon had modified his solar panel set up; got another one (don't think that was here last time I was up) and has set up all the batteries inside rather than having them outside. Thing is it's all 12 volts, not 240 volts. To get normal power like that you have to turn on the generator. He did that yesterday for the great recharge of everything; phones, cameras, the PC. I didn't know how long it took to recharge then PC but when he turned the generator off it was 95% so that's fine. Can always take it to the community centre as well where they have the net cafe and plug it in. 
 

Other than that, there's quite a lot you can run off 12 volt power. It's the same as in a caravan that supplies it's own power. Lighting, a little flat screen telly and DVD player, and all kinds of various things that are made for camping. 

We're going later to the bore baths; the baths that are from hot springs a kilometre down underground, full of minerals. Very good for my back I expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment