Thursday 23 August 2012

Rainwater tanks

Well my head and back ache from yesterday is a lot better. Wow, that was so bad. Today however I woke up and there was pain in my upper lungs, and have been coughing up yellow slime for the last couple of hours. Hurts when I cough. A bit worried about it as it takes ages to get in to see the doctor here. I suppose I could go to their little hospital and get a prescription there. Evidently that's what a lot of the locals do. Will see how I go. Haven't had any blueberry super-food thing since I left Sydney, so will see if they've got anything like that here in the supermarket. I get the frozen ones when they're out of season as they are now.

It's taken Simon and I a few days to get close again after such a long time apart. It's been me in sort of shock after that 12 hour trip, and us adjusting to being in the same place again. Last couple of days have been feeling very attracted to each other again and after the dip in the hot springs yesterday we had a very special time together in bed. The first fuck after a time apart always seems such a special time. Was unseasonably warm here yesterday too, 27 I think, a nice time.....

Took a couple of pictures of his water set up. He's not connected at all to the town water supply, and instead has 3 big rainwater tanks. Like this one:

And once a week he turns on the generator and a water pump pumps water up to a smaller tank higher up and fills it up. Being high up like that the water that comes out the taps inside and the shower is gravity feed. It's not the sort of water pressure like in Sydney of course, but it works fine. 

It's his birthday today, so we're going to go somewhere into the downtown Lightning Ridge megalopolis for a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment