Saturday 25 August 2012

Opal jewellery

I'm in the community centre here and have plugged the PC into the wall to recharge and using their blue Ethernet cable. It's as fast as the internet at home in Sydeney. Won't cost as much as last time either as I'm now going to be on pensioner rates.

Still not well today. Haven't had any of Simon's strong tablets though so maybe am getting better a bit. Ack, what I was coughing up this morning was revolting, thick yellow slime from the top of my lungs. Hurting behind my ear and in the back of my throat; a sharp pain, like someone poking inside with a needle. cleaned out the ear but there's no wax or anything in it. Judging by past experience I'd say the ear's a bit infected, probably red inside. 

But it's days to see a doctor here and the hospital they only have nurses there, no doctors, according to Simon. WTF? Can you believe that? I know it's only a little hospital, but how the hell can you have a hospital (even if it's a little one) without a bloody doctor in it? So I can't even turn up at the hospital to get a prescription and be examined.

So anyway I decided to get some Difflam C at the only chemist in town. I was put onto that a few months ago in Sydney. It's just an over the counter gargle for extremely sore throats. It kills bazillions of germs and also actually anaesthetises the area that you gargle in your mouth. Works really good and I have some permanently in the bathroom in Sydney. But of course I didn't think of bringing it. Also thought I'd get some cold and flu type pills that would be better than just endless fuckin Panadol.

So I walk into the Chemist here just before. I ask the lady at the checkout for some Difflam C. She says it's behind the prescription counter so I have to go and wait in the prescription line. There's 3 people in front of me and it's filling up behind me with more people. About 10 minutes and I get to the counter. Explain I don't have a prescription and that I just want the gargle and some tablets for the flu (I've decided it's definitely some kind of flu as my muscles are really aching all the time).

She asks if I'm taking anything else. That's right I remembered last time when I was there they gave me the third degree about what I was taking and had to get permission off one of the pharmacists doing prescriptions if I should have it. I've taken Codral before with no dramas and asked for the strong stuff of that. The strong stuff though is out the back and you need to provide ID and all (for flu pills?) so I just say not to worry and give me the normal. Then she asks the pharmacist and I'm not allowed to take them as I take blood pressure pills. Oh FFS! So the give me Dimetap tablets. Whatever. 

Am starting to feel miserable about feeling miserable. I'd be well gone to the doctor by now if I was in Sydney. Only here another week so there just doesn't seem any point in bothering. Poor Simon is worried, I told him just to stop asking how I am as I'm sick of sounding like a broken fuckin record. Fuckin typical isn't it. Come here and immediately get sick. 

We were chatting yesterday about his jewellery making; he makes jewellery with opal stones. He had a couple of rings on (to advertise his wares to people) and as I had the camera with me and the light was good I decided to experiment with the macro lens. The pictures came out pretty good I think. 

Of course this close up you can see things not normally seen with just looking at them. His jewellery is quite unique and not the normal run of the mill things.

No comments:

Post a Comment