Friday 24 August 2012

Sick in Lightning Ridge.

Has been some improvement overnight of the throat/nose cold/slime thing. Yesterday was very painful again, and got worse at night. Was sitting watching TV, feeling and looking very miserable. My head was pounding, and pain behind my ear. 

Was starting to get really concerned about where this was going. I've learnt from past experience with HIV not to just assume a thing like this will get better on it's own, and it was one of the major worries of mine about being here that what would happen if I got sick. FFS it takes a week to get in to see the doctor.

I asked Simon about what do I do if I needed a prescription of antibiotics, as if I'd reached that point I'd not be able to wait a week for a prescription. His answer was to go to the little hospital here and they'd sort out some pills for me. If things were still getting worse today I was going to ask him to take me there, but thankfully they're not, and even seem slightly improved. Although it's hard to ascertain a slight difference in such a painful thing. Still coughing dark coloured yellow slime, but the pain is somewhat less in my throat and ear. Nose running a little less.

I don't even know where I got this. It could even have been just from the bus trip from my place to Central Station in Sydney. Or maybe the air conditioned train. Or the air conditioned bus from Dubbo to here; there was someone coughing on it across the aisle from me come to think of it.

Really hate being sick like this here. Feel like a bloody broken record. Simon has been so worried asking me all the time how I am. 

He had a good birthday yesterday I think. His two kids rang him, and a couple of others to wish him well. We had a meal in town and a beer at the pub, came home and had a fuck. Was funny, he's pounding away and I say "Happy birthday darling!", ha ha ha......

No comments:

Post a Comment