Thursday 16 August 2012

Packing for the trip

I'm spending most of today slowly packing. Made sure I gave myself a whole day to do it so I wasn't overwhelmed by the task. I dunno why it's so hard to do, it just seems like I go to the bag and stare blankly at it. Weird man.

One of the things that I was worried about was, doing everything online as I do, I'd forget passwords out there and have to go through the whole "forgotten your password?" thing with the email. So I wrote them all down. WTF else am I supposed to do? Some of these sites won't accept the 8 digit one I've used for everything for years, and so I have to come up with a variation with letters in it. Some of them too they don't even accept letters unless some are capitals. Have tried to keep them all fairly similar but sometimes it's just ridiculous.

I got a new man-bag the other week too, only a cheap one, but it will be big enough to carry the PC and associated cables. Fuck, so many fuckin cables! I wanted a cheap looking one, the theory being that if it's a proper PC bag some bastard will rip it off. Other than that I don't think I'll need much out there, just regular clothes to wash. Suddenly realised yesterday I had to buy another toothbrush as the one I have is electric!

Had a painful night last night. Dinner just didn't agree with me at all. Really hoping I don't get diarrhoea again tomorrow travelling. Course there toilets on the train and bus but it wouldn't be at all pleasant. Tossed and turned half the night, pain in the stomach so bad was going through to my back. Today back is aching badly, going up my shoulder and the right side of my head. It's quite debilitating. I may have to go have a good lie down through the day. Bit annoyed as I'd pretty well got to the point of hardly taking any painkillers at all after ending work in June. Hoping it'll be improved tomorrow as well, would be bad travelling all day with aches like this. 

I'm assuming my daughter will be fine. She's nearly 22 now, can't see any problems. The rent goes out automatically every week. She may get a bit of a shock though next time she runs out of toilet paper; I seem to be the only one capable of buying it. And coffee. And sugar. And milk.....

No comments:

Post a Comment