Thursday 30 August 2012

Last day in Lightning Ridge

Tomorrow I go back to Sydney.

I was rather nervous coming out here before leaving. It's been a long time since I've been out of Sydney for 2 weeks. But life is full of change, and confronting such anxieties is only helpful. I think it really does need a couple of weeks out here to fully appreciate the nature of the place.

Simon and I lay in bed listening to the radio this morning. For some reason he like the ABC, which seems a bit conservative to me, but never mind. It's bloody weird I must say lying in bed in the mornings out here and listening to the latest freak show reports about the Republican Convention in America. 

WTF is this radio station's obsession with it? Fuck the last thing I want to hear about in a place like this is a reminder of the plastic fakery and pretentiousness of two far right extremists in politics from the other side of the world. It's not the Ken and Barbie show, it's the Ken and Ken show. Perfect hair, perfect clothes, perfect bullshit. How the hell did the politics in the big shining democracy that America is supposed to be, end up being such a money churning loony tunes obscenity as this?

I don't have much to pack. Have just been wearing normal clothes, only did washing once. The generator is going on today to pump the water up into the high up rain tank. I'll use the opportunity to recharge the phone and maybe a bit of a boost to the PC in case I feel like turning it on on the way home. Have about a 45 minute stop in Dubbo where there'd be reception. Helping Simon do a bit of cleaning around his house before I go. 

He's still very sick, wandering around the place near death apparently. Every so often  he suggests I call a priest, at which I calmly reply that there will be no priests as I don't believe in them. Poor dear he's not at all used to being sick. 

Thought I might shout him a meal in town, that's if he feels like going out. It's a bit difficult helping out around here with the cooking and that. The procedure for even doing the dishes can get a bit complex. Have bought groceries and things, and a meal out is the least I can do to give a hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment