Saturday 4 August 2012

Now officially disabled, and confused

I got an online letter this morning from Centrelink. I am now officially a disabled person. Seems a bit overdue, maybe I should have done this much earlier than I did. Perhaps I was in denial about just how fucked up I really was. It just seems to have been too easy.

But all the smoothness of the application process looks like it's evaporated now. In true Centrelink style the letter they sent is completely confusing and I have not the faintest idea WTF they're talking about. I'll have to go in there on Monday I suppose, scratching my head, pointing at this letter with a mystified look on my face. 

For example, It was my understanding that I was to be back paid. I can't figure out from their letter if they've done that or not. Also, they've given me a "Pension Supplement", but not the pension itself. WTF? How can you get a supplement of something you haven't been given? Surely I should be getting the actual pension as well?

Oh well I had a good smooth run there with Centrelink for all of a month. About time I was due to be baffled again. Will have to go wait in the line again on Monday.

This was just the online letter. I imagine other stuff will come in the mail, like the pension card for cheap prescriptions and free doctors.


Signed: the cripple.

No comments:

Post a Comment