Tuesday 7 August 2012

Picture from the past

There's a big post coming up tomorrow, about my time in America bazillions of years ago. The post will involve strange and bizarre Centrelink letters (2 of them). Meanwhile, I came across the non drivers thing that I got way back then in the early '80's. It was for ID, as although I'd had my licence since I was 15 in New Zealand, American driving was so fuckin out of this world compared to that that I didn't even want to be bothered, and I had no money to get a car anyway.

I was digging around in my shit from yesteryear, and I came across this. It made me laugh a lot. This was the ID I got done in Minnesota. I was about 19 I think, maybe 18.

Simon looked at it a while back but he's not seen the original, plus this one has been re-scanned from the original. Said I was very good looking. Meh, whatever. It's just a big laugh for me looking back at this shit. I think it's a strange photo. 

I look sort of OK in that, but I was far far from it. Back when the mask hid it all. It actually makes me sad looking at that now; sad that I was so naive as to think life was better than it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment