Saturday 11 August 2012

Debt free at last

Finally!
Photobucket  
I paid the $17,000 final payment to the asshole bank yesterday. After all that bullshit they gave me (harassment from an Indian call centre, threatening letters, ultimatums and deadlines, and being uncooperative) it took them a month and a half from the time they were informed that I now had the money to pay them, to them finally confirming all was well with the amount. This was after they demanded things move faster as they wanted the matter sorted out in a timely manner. Unbelievable.

So anyway, transferred the money online, and sent screen shots of the receipts to the $guru to pass on to them. Done. Am now debt free. Amazing. 

It hasn't been easy, as readers of this blog would know. All up it's been about 10 months since I first went to see the $guru at BGF. That was not long after having to go on a 3 day week only because of illness, which made the shit hit the fan with my debt. Being previously serviceable, it suddenly became a behemoth out of control. It was with much worry that I decided something had to be done, and seeing no way out myself went instead to the $guru. 

Unfortunately things were even worse than I thought. I owed about $32,000 on two credit card accounts and one personal loan account, between two banks. And what I was earning was barely enough to live off let alone pay any money back. But that small wage was evidently too much to get any assistance at all from the gov. I was well and truly fucked. I thought it astonishing that with all my health issues and in a country like Australia, I couldn't even get so much as a fuckin health care card FFS.

I won't go into the details of it all again, other than to say the $guru came up with a solution that worked. If not for him I'd now be bankrupt. 

(Then again, maybe bankruptcy not so bad after all? I mean that D"Arcy swimmer bloke is bankrupt and he's able to go on a European vacation......) 

No comments:

Post a Comment