Wednesday 15 August 2012

The diarrhoea dilemna

Haven't been very well the last few days. Not anything drastic, but it started with a general sort of unwell feeling, and I had about 2 days then of diarrhoea. The sort that your stomach is sore a lot and you don't even feel like eating because of the soreness. 

I know it comes with the territory (HIV resides a lot in the lower intestines and often the body does the diarrhoea thing to get rid of what it perceives as an infection) but it can be a bit much at times. The other day I didn't quite get to the toilet in time and had to change clothes and all. 

Got a bit upset about it at the time. Was glad I wasn't out anywhere and just at home. But still, it's pretty bad losing control like that. A reminder of my illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment