Saturday 26 September 2015

Nephew found guilty - assualt causing grievous bodily harm

Got a call from the police yesterday to tell us what the outcome was for court on Monday. Both David and I left after my testimony to avoid seeing any more of psycho nephew. This was the final court appearance for the bashing that he gave David on new years.

The Lawyer of psycho managed to create just enough doubt around the stomping as for it not to be proven beyond doubt. That was pretty much all the good news for psycho however.

He was found guilty of the assault to the point of causing grievous bodily harm. "Heavily" fined for it and given a two year good behaviour bond. The magistrate was very close to jailing him. Also a two year Apprehended Violence Order against him with David.

The good behaviour bond is more serious than it sounds. It means he can't put a foot out of line for two years. If he does he can find himself back in court and be re-sentenced on the original assault charge; in other words be sent to jail.

It's been a long nine months. Now I'm free to get the help I need from my psychologist in regards to the bashing. We feel vindicated now of the serious nature of the assault. To think psycho's brother wanted me to "sort this out nicely"! Like getting bashed like that was just run of the mill life sort of thing. To think my brother lied, made excuses, and said David "deserved it". Talk about showing their true colours. I guess I'm glad we found out early and not down the track.

There is also the victims compensation for David in the pipeline, whatever the magistrate has deemed the appropriate amount, paid to David in due course by the NSW gov and then they go after psycho for the amount paid. He doesn't know anything about that yet :)

I'm also considering contacting the dept of immigration about the possibility of getting him deported back to New Zealand on character grounds. He's not an Australian citizen, and the story goes that he came here to escape debt in NZ.

Other than that I'll be talking to my sister here in Sydney about my brother and what an asshole he is. Until now nobody has suspected he would be capable of such behaviour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment