Wednesday 23 June 2010

THE MEETING; hiv crisis meeting at work. 54 days off in the last year!

Glad to get it over with. I was worried about what may come of it. However it went very well. 

Obviously there was the recognition that the last 18 months were horrifyingly more intense than the last 11 years I've worked there. The meeting was about where we go from here, bla bla bla. A line was drawn, and after this 18 months of complete crisis shit in which I was lucky to survive not topping myself, after having 54 days off work in the last 12 months (not holidays, sick, most unpaid) work has given me a second chance. 

Most other places would have fired me a year ago. However I work for a good place. People care about me there. Genuinely. Yes the union is on-sight and representing workers, but it's more than that.

I often wonder how the fuck this can actually be my bloody life? I was told today that it's just so bizarre and extreme that they were having trouble believing it (luckily I gave attachments to the weekend email that did provide said proof!). Then they said it was too strange to be a lie or exaggeration so it must all be in fact real.

There's a new trust now, which wasn't there before. It is getting much much easier to disclose my status, but they recognise that that is fraught with danger. My status will remain behind the barrier of morality. It's no-ones business except who I chose to tell.

In all it was a good day.

I did however break down after getting home for a few minutes. It was good yes, but so very intense. 

Perhaps they were tears of relief?

No comments:

Post a Comment