Sunday 17 November 2013

NSW gov supports medical marijuana

Wow, never thought I'd see the day. It's not much but it is a step in the right direction. Unfortunately the gov seems a bit ignorant about growing a plant in your back yard, calling that "crude cannabis". WTF? They've obviously never smoked any that I've grown in the past. Course the cops got most of it. Was bloody pissed off about that, was a beautiful smoke. Smooth, sort of minty (I used fish emulsion fertiliser), didn't make me feel like I couldn't move.


So it looks like they want to get Big Pharma involved. I dunno how that would work.

They characterise existing treatments for chronic pain as being "safe and effective" . Being as my wife attended a local pain clinic here I can't agree that putting people on strong painkillers for years on end, which affects their health in itself, is adequate treatment of their condition. 

Why do I think this? Because 30 years of painkillers is what killed my wife; pretty much rotted her insides. The cause of death was listed as "cardiac-respiritary failure", but it was everything. Liver, kidneys, spleen, they all gave out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment