Monday 31 March 2014

"How To Annoy A Street Preacher" - Cult of Dusty

What a fuckin utterly inspiring video.

This altercation is some nut on the street threatening hell to this bloke Dusty. How he responds is pretty much the sort of thing I would do if I was being helled  at by a street preacher guy.

In fact the other year when Sydney was unfortunate enough to host the Catholic youth whatever world wide event bullshit, I myself was unfortunate enough to witness this religious pomposity invade my local streets. The local shops to be precise. 

I was innocently drawing some money out of the machine, when to my horror on my right a procession started encroaching into my secular space. Through my head was like, FFS can't I even get my money without being preached to?

Only this was worse than preaching. It was a whole group of people singing groaning some sort of bla to all, entreating all us secularists to the bloody Catholic church. The front of the group they even had a big banner sign with a picture of the latest fossilised pope. I couldn't fuckin believe it! At my local peaceful shops, an invasion of Catholicism! WTF would be next? The Crusades? My ire was up.

I was almost finished the money out of the machine thing. But no, they couldn't fuckin stop could they. They had to invade my space so close to me as to be right in front of me after I turned from the machine. They were right in my face. With some kind of bizarre entreating thing on their face that I considered a false and invented look. 

I am the one that knows "the truth". I see through the facade. I see the hate. It is enough. I must take the moment, in response to that hate.

I have a very loud voice. Comes from 30yrs of factory work; you have to yell to be heard a lot. Took a couple of steps from the bank machine and stood in front of them for a moment, as they groaned and entreated on about some bullshit that I could tell not even they believed.

And asked yelling "Does your priest wear condoms?"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment