Saturday 21 June 2014

Daughter contacted me

The other day I sent a funny email to a few people and decided to include my daughters email in it. Last I heard was months back when she stated I was dead to her and hung up on me. I didn't think she'd even get the email as she'd told me she'd blocked me. *Sheesh* So I've not even attempted any communication until that little email.

She must have got it as she sent an email a few days later. This the first communication from her since that phone call. It wasn't an apology, or an "I've calmed down now" email, or of course an "I've got the utility money I owe you" one. Nope, it was asking to borrow one or two of her toddler videos to get transferred onto DVD. Must say I had no idea what to say, and had to leave it for a while before deciding what to reply.

So later on in the day I'm about to go to the PC and email her back, then she rings my phone. This is now the first spoken word I've heard from her since that last phone call. We arranged for her to email what videos she was wanting, and we would meet and have coffee at the shops. She also has a pile of mail from the bank here. 

So there it is. Dunno what to say really. 

David's a bit concerned she may want to move back in here, but I keep telling him over and over it's not going to happen. I can't have her put me through again what she's done three times now. It's time my mental health is considered in all of this. She's a 23 year old adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment